Sunday, 5 August 2012

Heading to BC for the Canadian Archery Championships

Wow, after all this time waiting this time tomorrow morning our plane will be taking off for BC.  We should arrive there a bit after noon, around 4:30 Halifax time.  I'm trying to get excited but right now all I see ahead of me is a day of work: laundry, packing, making lists & checking them twice (OK three times), etc.  Woke up yesterday with a headache and this morning feeling "off" so I hope that nonsense clears up because I'm getting on that plane whether I'm sick or not.   Now, if I can only stop the boys from watching Mayday on the plane I might make it with my sanity intact.

For anyone that wants to keep up with Matt and Team Nova Scotia at the National archery championships the team captain is writing a blog of sorts here: http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/tall/HTML/MentorsBlog2012.htm  It is a website that gives a little bit of team info, etc.  The only drawback is that you can not leave comments, which sucks.  I'll have to talk to the team captain about starting a blog on Wordpress.
Anyway, as well as that website, you might find some info on these ones as well:  http://www.victoriabowmen.com/2012Canadian/enindex.html http://www.archerycanada.ca/ Right now, Matt is shooting better than he ever has.  However travelling across the country has a way of throwing everything out of whack so we'll see how it goes.  He has some serious competition in his category this year. Best of luck to him and the rest of the team.
 

Our summer has been kind of slow paced so far. Our family visitors from Ontario left a couple of days ago.  We did the usual touristy things, Peggy's Cove, Lunenburg to see the Bluenose, Talls Ships, and afternoon at the beach, Museum of Natural History, lobster supper, etc.  Lots of stuff I wanted to do but time, money, work & weather plotted against us.  Oh well, that's what repeat trips are for.

 Peggy's Cove lighthouse.  I never get tired of it.


 Peggy's Cove, standing by lighthouse looking back towards the village.


Drew & his mom, Becki, at Lawrencetown beach.


A feed of Nova Scotia lobster


Drew's first lobster.  I don't think he liked it much.  Kudos to
the kid for trying though.


Brother-in-law, Donnie, and his new pet hamming
it up for the camera

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and say "Hi". I love hearing from people and reading what you have to say!