Thursday, 5 April 2012

If you build it...


I'm a firm believer in the principle of "If you build it they will come".

I've been a blogger for more than 10 years yet this is pretty much my first public blog post.  Before now, I've written anonymously on another journal site where I controlled who got to read what and who I shared my journal with.   I may just be crazy to want to change that.

Those that know me know that I am a busy mom, wife, volunteer and a real estate agent.   I hadn't bothered much with social media in my real estate world until recently.  Those "in the know" encourage agents to have an online presence on just about every social media site that moves and shakes.  On my anonymous journal I'd talk about my everyday life with deals and clients and vent my frustrations and share my joys.  Pat myself on the back for a deal well done and drown my sorrows in words for those clients whose deals went down the drain.  However I don't think those types of entries would be kosher in a more professional forum. Nor am I the type of person that can sit down and write a strictly real estate based blog spouting endless news and stats and housing related content.  Boring.  That's just not me.   So there was my hesitation... I could blog but the content was strictly of a more personal nature and in forcing myself to be more real estate oriented and public...would I lose myself and what made blogging appeal to me?  If I couldn't stick to real estate what was the point?  Would anyone care?  Those questions kept this blog empty for a very long time.  So I have yet to see how this will all play out.  I need to find a balance somehow.  I need to find my grove.

If I can build it I hope they will come. 

5 comments:

  1. Great beginning Donna! Keep it up. Always knew you were a writer. Never give up on your dreams. ~Peace my friend. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steve, thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you writing again. I've missed you. Looking forward to your posts and absolutely adore the header graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I look forward to your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled upon your blog because I was googling Nova Scotia real estate. I am trying to glean some info on Nova Scotia life from any source I can find. We are relocating, but we can choose to live anywhere in Nova Scotia we want. That's a lot of pressure to find the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and say "Hi". I love hearing from people and reading what you have to say!