Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Happy Nor'Easter at Casa Laprade

I'm not cut out for these 4 day weekends.  I'll be glad to be going back to work in the morning. 


Easter at Casa Laprade has come and gone for another year.  Well actually Easter at Casa Laprade is kind of a rare event since we usually pack our tails and treats and head for the South Shore to spend the holiday with my parents.  Not this year.


Imagine my surprise waking up on Easter morning to this:



I guess taking the snow tires off the car a few weeks ago really was pushing my luck.   I know we've had a mild winter by Eastern Canada's standards, but enough already.   Happy Easter, not Happy Nor'Easter.


Speaking of Easter....The Easter Bunny came!!  As I was the first one up I got to 'ooh' and 'ahh' over all the treats and even sneak a few.  What they don't know won't hurt them.   Of course the Easter bunny left a little bit of "something something" for everyone.


This is Matt's swag.  He got lots of chocolate treats and a gift card to the movies which I assume he will use to treat his girlfriend, Robin, to a movie date.






This is Ben's bounty.  Instead of the movie card he got a Tim Horton's card.  He likes to head to Timmies with some friends during lunch.
  
And this is what the Easter bunny left for Hubby & I.  Yum!




Speaking of Matt and his girlfriend.... Matt's favourite candy became apparent when he spotted a bag of treats with the same name as his sweetie.  Awwww...



This is Peep.  Peep has been an Easter fixture in our house since Matthew made him in art class during the first grade and so proudly brought him home to Momma.  Or maybe that was Benjamin.  I can't remember.  I'm such a bad mom.   Isn't Peep cute?



Not to be confused with this kind of peep. Which didn't last long in my house.  Not long at all.  Poor, poor peep.

He looks evil.

After the morning festivities it was time to tend to the turkey. We usually brine our turkeys, so this is what you see here.  



Standard brine is 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup salt for every 8 cups of water.  Let the turkey soak in the water at least 4 hours or overnight.  I've found the past couple of times we've done this that the turkey is just a touch too salty...so I think I would reduce the sugar and salt slightly next time.   Other than that, it was really good.  Juicy.  


And, last but not least, since I am supposed to be making an effort to get in touch with my inner real estate guru...I bring you this...
The absolute latest in Easter themed home decor.


Don't do it folks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to leave a comment and say "Hi". I love hearing from people and reading what you have to say!